Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy CDRIP

Last week I attended my first orchestra. It was no ordinary orchestra. This was the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds orchestra! That's right! For 2 hours all they played were the biggest hits from the Final Fantasy series. I ended up picking up the album on my way out and I am amazed at the quality of the sounds. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Just click on the song name to download.



Total Time: 74:32 min

01 Opening Bombing Mission - Final Fantasy VII [4:00]

02 Liberi Fatali - Final Fantasy VIII [3:13]

03 Aerith's Theme - Final Fantasy VII [5:46]

04 Fisherman's Horizon - Final Fantasy VIII [4:52]

05 Don't Be Afraid - Final Fantasy VIII [3:42]

06 Memoro de la Stono - Distant Worlds [8:38]

07 Medley 2002 - Final Fantasy I-III [8:02]

08 Theme of Love - Final Fantasy IV [5:20]

09 Vamo' alla Flamenco - Final Fantasy IX [4:12]

10 Love Grows - Final Fantasy VIII [5:07]

11 Opera (Maria and Draco) - Final Fantasy VI [12:13]

12 Swing de Chocobo - Final Fantasy [4:31]

13 One-Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII [4:26]

I absolutely love each track on this album but if I really had to choose my favourite, I would pick Liberi Fatali. The sounds from this orchestra version are much more vibrant than the one they had in the game (or any other version I've heard). A close second would be One-Winged Angel for the same reason as above: the sounds are way more alive and real than any other version I've heard. So if you really liked Final Fantasy music, you will enjoy this album even more! You will truly appreciate the different instruments synchronzing with one another to produce these wonderful auditory masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment